Stats
Let me just say this.
I hate the Hits feature on FF.net.
Someone told me once that about a third of the readers actually review your story. I thought that was bad.
And apparrantly, very inacurate too.
Because I have 14 reviews for Going for the Gold.
And the stats says that there are 121 hits for it.
So unless my math skills have gone way, way down in the past few years, 14 is nowhere near one third of 121.
So there are way, way too many lurkers on FF.net.
It kind of makes you appreciate the stupid reviewers a little more, doesn't it?
Tickle Me
I hate the Hits feature on FF.net.
Someone told me once that about a third of the readers actually review your story. I thought that was bad.
And apparrantly, very inacurate too.
Because I have 14 reviews for Going for the Gold.
And the stats says that there are 121 hits for it.
So unless my math skills have gone way, way down in the past few years, 14 is nowhere near one third of 121.
So there are way, way too many lurkers on FF.net.
It kind of makes you appreciate the stupid reviewers a little more, doesn't it?
Tickle Me

4 Comments:
I know I actually deleted the wrong story verison and lost all my posted reviews and such. Hated it. But I do agree with the reading/review ratio. I had over 2000 hits on a story but only got 300 reviews. Last I checked, that wasn't a third either.
I guess you're right. Best that someone reads, right?
~Ickle Me
I guess it's good people are reading, but it's just that I spend so much time and energy to make my chapters, and to actually see that people are reading, but not giving me any feedback sucks.
K
i had over 2000 hits for a story and maybe 20 reviews since then. . . i feel your pain.
i figured it out for one of my stories, it was like .0001%
how sad is that?
a
Very Sad.
I saw the ratio for people who read Mary, and it's like 1 out of 67. But The Last, it's like 1 out of 143ish. I guess it's nice to know that people are reading, but I'd also like to know what they liked or hated. Lurkers don't help me write better.
K
Post a Comment
<< Home