Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Those Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

It has been an insane couple of days!

In the past week, a whole slew of my buddies abandoned me for their lofty goals and future aspirations that depend so heavily on their return to their respective schools. Why on earth they still refuse to fail their classes to hang out with me all year long is beyond my comprehension. All but Marie and Rinna are gone now, as we said goodbye to Ky today, over lunch at Olive Garden and a veiwing of 40-Year-Old Virgin. Which, despite some very 'guy' oriented humor, was not completely terrible. There were parts that were even enjoyable. And the end was so hilarious. Plus it was free. And everyone can agree that free movies are the best.

On Saturday, I went on my annual pilgrimage to Reading Pa, to shop. Now, as all should know, Reading is the Outlet Capitol of the World, and you can find just about anything there for dirt cheap. I got tons and tons of crap, and am extremely happy to be in the land of happy new clothing once more. Jeans, tees, sweaters, bras, panties, shoes, even a new bag from Nine West that I'm in complete lust with, as well as THE DRESS! Yes, everyone, I found THE DRESS. The perfect come and get it dress. Black, slinky, very, very gorgeous. I saw it, and I knew I had to have it to wear to the wedding. (And it's not bad luck to wear black to a formal evening wedding. I checked, and Ms. Manners says that it's completely acceptable!)

All in all, a very good day. Even if Eri and I had to sneak away to go and get food. My mom went into nazi mode after we wasted valuable shopping time trying on silly/ugly/never going to buy items like a prom dress (Eri) and a wool riding habit (me) as well as matching corduroy bell bottoms in fushia and lime green. (both). She got mad, and wouldn't let us stop for lunch. So we had to sneak away and wolf down some cheesy fries from the greek vendor guy. And while we both would have rathered a gyro, we didn't dare attempt it. My mother has a better nose than Mrs. Kim. She really can smell food on a person. Or, just the guilt.

Sunday was so not the day of rest. We got back from our shopping excursion at midnight, and since we left at 6am, then walked around for twelve hrs+, I all but fell into bed. I didn't even take off my jeans, and boy, did I feel that one the next morning. I doubt my hip will ever be the same! I got up, went to church, and then worked all day long. A & J, I'm so sorry you didn't get me. My sister used my computer, and never turned it off, and for some reason, my computer never goes on idle. So, it looked like I was there, but I wasn't. I promise, not snubbing you guys.

Monday morning, bright and early, I went to school. I went to one class, and promptly changed them all to online. Well, all but one. And that's only one day a week. A writing class. Very exciting. I love online classes. I love the freedom that comes with them. And this semester, I need that. The more money I make this time around means the less I have to worry about not making in the winter, after Christmas when the hours are scarce, making all our pockets skint.

Monday was also a day of work. I went in, and we started doing floor moves. All the walls had to be redone to display all the pretty new merchendise, and for some reason, both Richard and I were very stupid and agreed to finish the two big men's walls and the back wall that night. Very stupid. We didn't get done until 1am. TG I gave in and drove the old crappy van, now that my car is back in the shop. (I think it enjoys being there, the piece of crap!) Otherwise, I was going to have to have someone come out after midnight to pick me up from work, and I don't know if they would have gone for that.

Fortunately, the rest of the week should be smooth sailing. Or at least, smoother sailing, compared with last week.

Katherine

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Beth Johnson said...

So, is the come and get it dress (and I do mean THE come and get it dress, lol) the naughty thing you speak of? Cause I'm dying here! I've just had the crappiest day ever, and the very thought of this is making me smile. So kisses to you! So glad you're 'back'. We do miss you when you keep affection from us.

I'm off to blog about my 'day'. As for The Pact being made into a lifetime movie, well, it would sadden me greatly. It's a great read, if not sad--very 4am-ish with a more mysterious quality--and I got a lot read today, let me tell you!

okay. I will blog, maybe write, maybe fall down in a deep sleep.

ames

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot on the dress! I hope it's worth it. I was going to say, "Why didn't you tell me you were going to be in Reading?" Then I realized I worked all weekend. DUH. Hope you had some great fun.

I do hope you do have a more smooth sailing week.

Take care!
M

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home